RenCorner Network

Terraria Minigame Ideas.

Kcatsi

Eric's Minigame Ideas:

1. Hide and go seek. 

This classic childhood minigame would be around server one, and could take somewhere between an insane amount of time or a few minutes. In this minigame, one person is chosen to be a seeker, and the rest are hiders, and have to choose somewhere to hide. Everyone would have their map off and invisibility would not be allowed (implied rules). The hiders have 5 minutes to hide somewhere, while the seeker,  will wait until the 5 minutes is up, and will prob wait at spawn. Once all 5 minutes have passed, the seeker goes around and tries to find the hiders. The hiders can hide anywhere with the exception of the ctp warp and event areas like lost halls or lost sentry area. Once the seeker finds someone, they have to kill them to have truly "found" them. If the hider kills the seeker, a new seeker is chosen. The hiders can not kill the seeker until the seeker attacks them first, as to prevent them from trying to hunt down the seeker and leaving their hiding places for no reason, and the hiders can not move from their hiding spot until the seeker is in sight and is obviously going in for the kill. Once every person has been found the seeker wins, or if 3 seekers have been killed the hiders win.

2. Boss attack. 

This minigame is similar to Skilz's sanity destroying boss events, except a player is chosen to be the "boss" and the other players have to kill it. This minigame would require 4 or more players. The boss has somewhere between 15000 and 25000 health. If the boss kills all the players, and none remain in the arena, they win. If the players kill the boss or the boss kills itself, the players win. This minigame could be between 10 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on player's skill level. 

I will probably come up with more ideas later, but until then please tell me if there are any flaws in these minigames or anything else that should be edited or outright ommited from the minigames.

Edited by Eric
Fixed a mistake in server name

Haven't read a thing just yet, but a question, why are you making the forum post rather than directly pm-ing Charre, Satomi or myself? Seems faster, either way we'll see the messages, and most of the time discord for us is open 90+% of the time, appose to the forums which is incremental checkups. 

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

server two

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

ctp warp and event areas like lost halls or lost sentry area

These aren't in S2 ;p 

Also for hide and seek entirely, that can be arranged by you and other players that would like to participate. (\o/)

Also here's my personal two cents, five minutes of open hiding, in a world that has over 20.16 Million blocks? That could very well be frustrating especially for some players.

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

Everyone would have their map off and invisibility would not be allowed.

I say "can be arranged by you" as we can't force these things, map off is entirely client side (yes I know what you mean, having the hiders/seekers' heads not be on the map) (to force this, we'd have to region the whole world and enable force pvp, and make the region dominance level superior to all others, making for all other regions useless and not work properly). As well as five minutes of the obstructed de-buff, that too requires a Senior +, there's no way to give the de-buff AND make the player stay/go to the region that gives it, again without moderator surveillance and assistance.

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

except a player is chosen to be the "boss"

We've tried that and technically still are, firstly we must adapt an 100% statistical health counter (which does exist, just throws more errors than Cenx's programming ;p) then find a way to set the health, then find a way to transfer all that to players without giving them a rank with said powers, which could be abused.

As a side note, there will be weaker event masters/gods that scale with story progress within the upcoming RPG server. 

I like your thinking though, ay, least you're coming up with ideas lol refine ideas and maybe we'll make 'em happen ;p

1. Thank you. 2. They reason I did not pm you or charre was so I could get many opinions on this. 3. Fixed/refined some ideas. 

Edited by Eric
Missed a part of your first comment about pming.

25 minutes ago, Eric said:

They reason I did not pm you or charre was so I could get many opinions on this.

Could've posted it publicly in the discord ;p 
Many of our players and even lower staff don't check the forums, at all. I'll mention it to the discord.

1. I believe we did this in the CTG arena. Of course, it went downhill because of S I C K L E S F U N K I L L I N G M E O W M E R E. Be nice to see it, however it would have to be timed much like Skilz's internal mentality demolishing events.

2. I actually made a character for this idea once. I still have it as a character, and I never really talked to Skilz about it. I personally like the idea tho.

3 hours ago, Skilz said:

tion, why are you making the forum post rather than directly pm-ing Charre, Satomi or myself? Seems faster, either way we'll see the messages, and most of the time disco

This is not a bad place for posting things. Even if fewer people see it, there's a chance newer members or people who've just started learning about rencorner via the forums might see this. The more people seeing that we want to change things up the better!

The hide and seek thing would be too reliant on honorable players, not every person on the internet will want to play fair. However if we can get players from the event discord or reach out to vip members, I think it has a fair shot

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Charre said:

not every person on the internet will want to play fair.

especially when you gotta sit still for a possible 45 plus minutes