RenCorner Network

State of our Servers - May 2020 (Plus Test Server)

Discipile

Greetings RenCorner Terraria players!

Im well aware of the recent 1.4 major feature update that hit Terraria on May 16th at 1 pm EST, I've been enjoying it alongside you all. 

Though the current state of our servers are still running a TShock Production Build that supports 1.3.5.3, in addition to several dozen of third party plugins, most of which only work on the supported version. 

Currently, as found on TShock's Official Twitter the only builds are several pre-releases for Terraria 1.4.0.4.  

An immediate update on our servers (7777, and 7779), would be very poorly maintained due to the lack of moderation tools, IRC functionality, worldedit, in addition to other crucial assets that are used daily. 

Another reason we're holding off on updating, as we're still well within the hotfix period (If you recall, Terraria 1.3 (June 30, 2015) had over 8 hotfixes for it's first iteration, going up to 1.3.0.8). 

As of now, I will continue to monitor the condition of TShock and Terraria, and will jump on an opportunity to update our main servers to the latest official Terraria and TShock version. 

The Test Server

We do currently have a Terraria 1.4.0.4 (Journey Mode) testing server, where you can join and do whatever you'd like!

IP: ter.rencorner.co: 7778 

~ Skilz

(It's possible I may or may not be trying some things with S1, 7777 later this week, if so, and they are successful, I'll update this topic). 
Edited by nameismud
QA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skilz said:

(It's possible I may or may not be trying some things with S1, 7777 later this week, if so, and they are successful, I'll update this topic). 

I've updated Terraria S1, 7777, it's now running on Pre-release 9 of TShock. The Server can now support players running 1.4.0.4! We are missing many plugins, most of which are pure necessities. Satomi and DrSithis/root are working to update them!