RenCorner Network

New Crate Additions

GetPastMe

Hi Everyone,

I would like to discuss the new  thief crate.  I think it is way too punitive in many cases, simply because it takes all of your funds.  It would be one thing if it took say 2000 credits when you have 5000, but when it takes all of your 30,000 credits that is a bit ridiculous.  Might as well call it the White Collar Master Crime Syndicate crate or something. 

I get that you take some risk when you go for crates, but generally, the crates should be more positive than negative in my opinion.  Now it seems like the crates are more designed to hurt you than help you (death crate, butterfingers crate, current thief crate).  These crates come WAY more often that any good crate like money or spy.

I suggest that the thief crate be modified to only take a certain percentage of your credits, like maybe 25%.  That way you can still have some ability to play the game effectively after the crate.

And in general I think the crates should have a higher level of positive affect versus negative effect, like 5-1 or so.

Last, the Death Crate can go!!!!!

GPM

I understand your frustration. There's a simple solution for this : avoid crates :-). That's what I do :-D.

Those negative crates seem quite punitive indeed. But it does make sens that a crate should be positive or negative so you think before taking it. Also, know that the odds for crates change based on in-game events. Eg if the refinery dies, then you have better odds of getting extra money crates.

Thief crate seems a bit overdone, but to be honest if a crate that gives money to the whole team gives + 1.000 credits to 20 players of the team, then it's also overdone :-). For me, crates should be minor extras or minor setbacks. But I do believe you should have at least 2/3rd - 1/3rd chance of positive / negative crate and even a 50 pct chance doesn't shock me.

No options for that atm, but I did set the odds lower..and it starts after 2h, odds lower with: +ref dead +losing team.

Well that helps. Thanks!