RenCorner Network

Community Event/Tournament

theilsomers

Just an idea I had to do something for our beloved community is that we do an event or tournament, depending on the game, I saw that Minecraft did a challenge around new years so it is up to the admins and such to decide that and if this should go forward as well. I know it will be a little difficult but I think it might help bring in more people to Rencorner and maybe even more donations. But here is what I am thinking

CS:GO - One on One ladder Tournament

C&C Renegade and Ren-x - Tournament style where community picks their teams and submits the teams, substitutions can be made but need to be approved, NO LAST MINUTE SUBS WITHOUT A VERY VALID EXCUSE. Up to week between matches for practice or training or even scrimmages. Must have full team otherwise team will forfeit. Maps will be picked day of match.

Killing Floor - Few ideas a one person survival with survival mod, will be testing mod out soon, with scrnbalance or serverperks or vanilla perks are yet to be determined. Last Man Standing is another option. Group Speed Runs, or a Versus Mode which I do believe comes with the survival mod.

Minecraft & Terraria - With several judges can be all mods or no mods and just the community itself we can do a building contest to see who can make the most creative and original creation, also CREATIONS MUST BE IN GOOD TASTE OTHERWISE FORFEIT.

TF2 - Either One on One arena, or Team matches like the description for Renegade/Ren-X

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - never played this will need some ideas for this one

League of Legends - Like Renegade/Ren-X

Rust - Never played it will need ideas

Alliance of Valiant Arms - Never played will need ideas

Ghost Recon Phantoms - Like Renegade/Ren-X

And any other games that I have forgotten can be figured out as well.

Now I will let Shai, Volcom, and the rest of the leeadership decide the prizes for these whether it be a steam game or VIP or the such, now I don't know and don't want to know how much we spend on keeping all of our servers up but I was just thinking we can use the donated money to Rencorner to this for the community to show we are more active then they think we are for the community.

For each event or tourny I would say at a minimum of 2 mods be present as spectators whether it be full mods or half mods that way our Sr mods and admins don't have to watch everything so it will be on us as mods to make sure everything is judged appropriately and to make sure each vote is unbiased so there is no cheating being done. For the ones that will have to be done off our servers I would say to send a unedited video to one of our Rencorner Youtubers and they can upload it for community votes or for a place that can keep all the videos together other the Shai's email.

Still looking for ideas for all games that are hosted by Rencorner.

Still looking for any and all Social Media outlets, such as Youtubers or people on twitter or twitch, help the bigger the fan base or subscribers the better but even if you have just one person is great too even word of mouth works.

With this we need all mods assistance haven't seen a lot of our mods on here ALL Staff are highly encouraged to help with this.

I am looking into the opportunity for mods to join in this cause I realize some games are highly populated with our staff it will be discussed if we should do it but remember our community comes first.

I am putting together a team to help get this put together we have received to okay from Volcom and Shai for this. Who ever is going to be part of this team WILL NOT be able to enter if mods are allowed to keep the judging unbiased.

If anybody has any questions or comments let's get it on here and let's see if we can get more community involvement and maybe advertise Rencorner in the process.Thank you

• Like 3

I like the fact that everyone in the community can take part in the event since this event is not only for one game, but most of the games we have :P

Yes and I say it also excludes any Rencorner staff from participating in it that way it is solely the community. We could always do mod events after though

And another thing we can see about our Youtubers reaching out to their subscribers maybe we can get them to make a video announcing the different things and MAYBE if he chooses Volcom can be in the video whether in person or in voice to help announce these. But if he can't do it maybe we could deal with Shai :D

• Like 1

Idea, at least. But not to burst everyone's "hype", but..

Ghost Recon- -Dead-
LoL- Not enough people here play it (And Volcom wont approve)

Minecraft - Always poor turnouts.

TF2- Same as MC

AvA- Dead too (I think)

Rust- Dead

The others I have no idea about.

I like the idea. And for when we do the Staff Event, we just revoke your permission group for the time being, that is if you decide to participate. You will likely be required to sign up, that way we know if someone cheats the system or not.  ;)

But we can still try them because maybe we can bring people back even if it's just for an event to get Rencorner's name out there more and i didn't want to just single out one game so might as well have them all on there the rest is all up to upper management

agreed root i was thinking of maybe something different for us staff maybe C&C RTS matches but i'm not sure if every body has the older C&C games

I wouldn't do the kf anyhow all my perks white listed are 6 and scorn parks are high to no fun for me I would just watch other people play

Idea, at least. But not to burst everyone's "hype", but..

Ghost Recon- -Dead-

LoL- Not enough people here play it (And Volcom wont approve)

Minecraft - Always poor turnouts.

TF2- Same as MC

AvA- Dead too (I think)

Rust- Dead

The others I have no idea about.

renegade - he excluded mods so thats 90% of OSTK and 50 % of the ren community XD

• Like 3

agreed root i was thinking of maybe something different for us staff maybe C&C RTS matches but i'm not sure if every body has the older C&C games

I have 3 copies of TFD, and C&C3 so I'm set.

• Like 2

Well I like the idea. I can be the voice behind it and I have no issue providing the prizes. You guys can decide what they would be. As for organizing it Shai nor I have time to do it. So if you guys want to get a group together and start setting it up I have no issues with it.

• Like 2

Thank you Volcom, 

I will now start working on this with other people to start getting this set up. What we need now is 

Who our Rencorner Youtubers are so i can get a hold of them please.

Still need ideas for games and i did forget Renegade X in the list so we will need ideas for this 

And maybe other things that i can't think of right off the top of my head but we wont post anything to the community about this until things have been worked out. For the games themselves that are still hosted i will be trying to get a hold of the head admin of each to work things out with them once things have been arranged.

Well I like the idea. I can be the voice behind it and I have no issue providing the prizes. You guys can decide what they would be. As for organizing it Shai nor I have time to do it. So if you guys want to get a group together and start setting it up I have no issues with it.

Prizes I'm in lol

Anyways I think it's a great ideas, especially the mods vs mods. But please choose a good time.

Oh btw I'm talking about renegade.

We will look at all that after the community event and I will post when that will be in the workings so people can post when is a good time for them then.

Theil, if you want you and I can get together later on TeamSpeak and talk about some of the events?

Plus if some of our other Server Administrators, aside from Joe, and shaitan (of whom is a Head Admin, not a Server Admin), could get on. That'd help us really organize the events aswell; plus since their the Admin of whatever game they also can tell us what event for the game would work and not work.

If our video-making people contribute by making something extremely flashy and advertise it a few days before the event and make it sound all extreme fun then that'd be a great contribution to getting this off with a bang.

But first, if somebody can compile a list of ideas(from everyone, doesn't matter who) and post them here, they will be discussed first and foremost.

As per Volcom on here and him and Shai on team speak they do not have the time or patience :) to organize it so I've take it upon myself to organize this I've so far recruits ozedj and revdarkangel in helping with ideas but a team of people would be great. The hardest part is figuring out what games we still host and what to do for said games like killing floor. Then the next hardest part is getting ahold of either our Youtubers or seeing if maybe some named Youtubers out there are willing to help our cause. I don't for see any of these events happening this month I'm hoping for a kick off next month as I have not seen or heard much from our mod staff assisting on this project. As things become more in stone the OP will be edited and updated. If you don't want to post on the forums with your ideas you can gladly send me a private message on here or on team speak or even Steam.

Edit: I would YouTube all this but there are some issues:

1. Don't have a fan base or subscribers cause I don't have a channel.

2 and most important. I don't think Rencorner will buy me a new PC, video capturing equipment, video software and the such to even begin a channel :) still stuck with my ten year old computer lol

• Like 2