RenCorner Network

Community Event/Tournament

theilsomers

Still looking for ideas every one this isn't just a one person task I need every ones help here. Having a hard time getting ahold of me send me a private message on here or team speak or steam, steam I'd Theilsomers, let's get this going

Root I know you have been trying to get ahold of me for this I will try to be on team speak tonight so we can talk I'll kick ozedj and rev out or we can go to a private channel what ever works.

• Like 1

Can i suggest this be moved to public forums , how are u gonna gather such a tournament without people knowing of it ?

• 2 weeks later...

I will be posting on every game thread about this event, cause I'm sure not every one reads general chat, bringing them to this post hopefully the community will get involved with the process of what they would like to see as the event for their chosen games.

I haven't forgotten about this just been side tracked with Tekkit ;) but I will try making the posts when I get home this afternoon

Whoops, that's my fault. ;)

But anyhow, the Minecraft Creative Build Challenge sounds like a good idea. Of course, that is if Wooly decides to set it up and let a Pwnie run around looking at all the beautiful things, (streaming and commentating the event).

alas, the build competition plugin is old and when I tested it was fail. We can still do one, but will need to find another way to score.

Unless there is anything else we can think of like a time limited skyblock challenge or something or even a tekkit or other mod like (I hate to say it) pixelmon. But I'm sure we can think of something ;)

Whoops, that's my fault. ;)

Actually I do believe its rev's fault I think he was the one that brought it up to me. You have just been an enabler lol.

Unless there is anything else we can think of like a time limited skyblock challenge or something or even a tekkit or other mod like (I hate to say it) pixelmon. But I'm sure we can think of something ;)

Revive the Enderdragon and hunt him down!

Alright i posted EVERYWHERE i could about this forum so hopefully more of the community will be getting involved i hope to hear from them.

Actually I do believe its rev's fault I think he was the one that brought it up to me. You have just been an enabler lol.

blaming shit on me <.<

On 2/5/2015 at 4:44 PM, Good-One-Driver said:

I use to do this with awesome prizes and it was a big disaster because no body participated for a few months then when people started getting into it I ran out of time.

Here it is.

http://rencorner.co/index.php/topic/2969-rencorner-challenges/

that was pretty good read but i think trying to do it every month people might get burned out or something but this is still a work in progress once we get the ideas for the games then we will work on the finer details

i have an idea about the prizes i say for anyone to join the tournament they must donate 1 dollar not too bad if you get 40 people for a 20 dollar pot (the rest can go towards the server) whoever gets 1st place gets a 20 dollar game or a 1st place 2nd place and 3rd place, also to make a poll or a topic that is solely a yes or no answer whether they want to do the tournament and set out to do this next month or so.

Hey, I like your ideas however from now till end of May I'm a little busy with full-time work and full-time uni. Once Uni has broken up for the summer I will have more spare time to try to get something arranged for TF2.  But I'm up for arranging things. I also do have some games which I don't want so I could use them as prizes. 

ice.

• 2 weeks later...

i have an idea about the prizes i say for anyone to join the tournament they must donate 1 dollar not too bad if you get 40 people for a 20 dollar pot (the rest can go towards the server) whoever gets 1st place gets a 20 dollar game or a 1st place 2nd place and 3rd place, also to make a poll or a topic that is solely a yes or no answer whether they want to do the tournament and set out to do this next month or so.

I'm not going to make the donating mandatory to compete this is to bring in more people to our community not scare them away with forcing them to spend even just a dollar to be able to compete. If they want to donate that's great but I know that some people are not able to donate with the current donating system. The only thing you should need for this is the game itself I'm pretty sure that I speak for the upper management (they can correct me if wrong) that we won't be handing out games just so you can compete. If you don't have the game or the means to get the game I do apologize but that event you can not participate that's why we are doing multiple games so if you can't play on one you have other choices.

I do like the idea for a poll I will look into that once we get some ideas around and see what the community would want to do for the event.

Hey, I like your ideas however from now till end of May I'm a little busy with full-time work and full-time uni. Once Uni has broken up for the summer I will have more spare time to try to get something arranged for TF2. But I'm up for arranging things. I also do have some games which I don't want so I could use them as prizes.

ice.

I know at this time a lot of people have a lot going on with work and school and everything else and if you haven't notice I've been working with this idea for a few months now something like this takes time to arrange and it doesn't help I myself have been getting distracted by other things as well but I have not forgotten about this event. There will be a long enough notice for every one when the events will start and what will be happening in the events so everybody will have time to prep and fit it into their schedules.

• 1 month later...

Getting this back yo the top but how would the community feel for the killing floor event having a server put up with fresh perks and the server is only open at certain times with only certain perks to make it challenging and in a period of time say like a month the person with the highest level, highest kills, highest heals and such would get prizes one prize per person.