RenCorner Network

SSC - Server Side Characters

Guard

SSC  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Allow Server Side Characters (SSC)

• Veteran Admin

Essentially SSC makes a fresh new character, only saved to the server. The concept is pretty much survival, and building your way up to the top. Same permissions for whatever each rank has now.

Also if possible, using Seconomy money to buy items from the chest-room, to encourage voting.

If possible we could also have kits such as kit start (items like gold items and equipment) , kit donator (with some un-obtainable items), and so on.

NOTE: JUST AN IDEA

If you have any comments or ideas, feel free to post it here, we'll be happy to hear them! :)

• Like 3

I agree to put a limited amount of characters on the server, that would be cool.

We should have more advanced/cool looking characters to be for donators :P

:huh::blink:

As I told Madara abit ago about this: anytime I have ever tried to turn that on, the players go apeshit and eventually it isn't worth listening to the whining.

• Veteran Admin

I'm not sure if understand the idea. Is this on all servers or just a few and does it affect are builds and items in said servers.

It's for terraria

What about dedicating just one server to it? Leave server 1 as-is, as it's the more populated one anyway, and server 2 can have SSC for those who wish for it? 

• Like 1

• Veteran Admin

What about dedicating just one server to it? Leave server 1 as-is, as it's the more populated one anyway, and server 2 can have SSC for those who wish for it? 

I think server 1 as SSC, it's worth a try shai :P, you never know, it could have a great outcome. Could also do with a new map, old one is OOOOLLLLDDDD!

• Like 1

:7777 as is :7779 ~ SSC = My vote

If perhaps you had a way to recognize a players efforts @ 7779 on 7777 it could serve as an incentive to players to occupy both.

Agrees with,

|

|

|

V

I'm gonna go ahead and say we should add a MOTD or interval-timed broadcast to both servers indicating what both servers are for, and telling players about access methods, something like:

Thanks for playing on Server 1 - Free Item Server (Port 7777)! If you'd like to try a survival style challenge, check out Server 2 - SSC (Port 7779)!

Thanks for playing on Server 2 - SSC (Port 7779)! If you're looking for free items and endgame PvP and boss hijinks, check out Server 1 - Free Item Server (Port 7777)!

Or something like that. As is, I'm really loving the SSC on server 2 and other players seem to be liking it as well, but we've also had people coming on all day either confused at the sudden need for re-registration, at the SSC system, or frustrated that it isn't a free item server (to which I've been pointing them to Server 1.)

• Charre unpinned this topic