RenCorner Network

Mods all around the world

Wiz

I've just had an idea to encourage more dedicated players to become a mod. It seems that when I have recently logged back on to Terraria it was chaos.

Loads of people were dying and I think, THINK, a few people were hacking. If we have more moderators online in each time zone like Australia, England, Asia, New Zealand and so on we could better protect our servers.

Wiz, it's not as easy as you say it is to find dedicated and active players to this server, ESPECIALLY during the school year. It's difficult enough as it is to find active, reliable players who are willing to uphold the rules of this server. We take time to vote on each application so that we are only bringing in promising people who will stick with us in the (hopefully) far future.

That being said, finding players in different timezones is even more tricky. What with the main language of the server being English and not having as many active mods in later/earlier hours of the day, it's difficult to recruit people who are active during those times. Not to mention we all have things like school, work, families, ect.

I understand your reasoning to post this, asking if we're able to recruit more to better help the server. Though, in the end, it is in fact none of your concern who we hire and how we run things here. That is of course, unless you become more active yourself and would like to apply. And if you do believe you saw people hacking and happen to have any evidence with you, well then I'd love to see it so I may punish those responsible. ^^

12 hours ago, Wiz said:

I've just had an idea to encourage more dedicated players to become a mod. It seems that when I have recently logged back on to Terraria it was chaos.

Loads of people were dying and I think, THINK, a few people were hacking. If we have more moderators online in each time zone like Australia, England, Asia, New Zealand and so on we could better protect our servers.

We do encourage dedicated players to become mods when appropriate - it is important to note, however, that 'dedication' in the form of active playing does not always go hand-in-hand with the necessary social skills and maturity to be a member of staff. 

As for time zones, we already meet this criteria. I (the admin) am in Japan, 1 hour off of Australia time and synched up with a lot of our Russian/SE Asian/Aussie players (and I'm on or around 10+ hours a day most days). We also have many staff members in America/Canada, some in Europe... We've got a decent timezone spread. I'd love to have a Russian bilingual mod, though, to bridge the language gap we have in that regard. 

Also, people dying is part of the game. Usually they're dying in combat/pvp (which they do voluntarily) or via the terrain (which they do voluntarily or could avoid with the right items). As Hip mentioned, hacking is definitely not allowed - call for staff if you see it and/or take your own video as evidence and get it to us.