RenCorner Network

A new staff application format.

DemonHunter1

So, I had an idea on a new staff application format since the current one is little bit "iffy". Any feedback would be great.

IGN/S: 
    I {insert name here} agree to the staff rules and will dedicate at least 2 hours per day to Rencorner.
        In addition, I will agree that I will not to do anything to disrepute Rencorner or any of it's other servers, publicly, privately, explicitly and/or implicitly,
           and understand that on the breach of this agreement I may be banned and/or demoted.

Short Answer (Required)
    My experience:
    Improvements:

Optional
    I donated on {insert date} 

Required
    Timezone: 
    My bans/mutes/warns record: 

Long Answer (Required)
    Why do I want to be staff:
    What will I do when I get staff:

Scenarios (required) Long Answer 
        What I will do when someone is hack accusing:  
        What I will do when someone is hacking: 
        What I will do when someone is spamming: 
        What I will do when someone scammed me: 
        What I will do when someone reports me on the forums: 
        What I will do when I am not sure if someone is hacking or not: 
    Screensharing
        What program(s) will I use: 
        What folders will you go through when you screenshare: 
    Real life Scenarios (note a staff is required to be on 2 hours/day) (choose 1)
        You came back from school 2 hours before the time you should sleep and you have 2 hours' worth of homework / studying. What will I do: 
        Your parents have banished you from touching any electronic device for the rest of the day. What will I do: 
Additional (Optional): 

A few things,

1. You can't compel someone to show up everyday for 2 hours.  It just ain't gonna happen.  As with my game Minecraft, I hope the staff shows up 4 times a week
  2. What happens if I am not a donator?  Suppose my mom won't allow me to donate?  You have no idea of people's financial situation.  If the candidate doesn't cough up money he doesn't get a chance to be mod? 
  3. What does improvements mean?
  4. Does the staff actually screenshare?  Is this a remote access program?  If it is, why would I allow you to poke around my computer?
  5. Personally I think your form is too formal, too complicated, too confusing, too long, too demanding
  6. People lie, how will you prove anything they say is true, when you have to take their word for it?

Allow me to apply for terarria staff.

IGN/S: Joetorp
    Maturity: Very mature for my age
    I Joetorp agree to the staff rules and will dedicate at least 2 hours per day to Rencorner.
        In addition, I will agree that I will not to do anything to disrepute Rencorner or any of it's other servers, publicly, privately, explicitly and/or implicitly,
           and understand that on the breach of this agreement I may be banned and/or demoted.

Short Answer (Required)
    My experience: none
    Improvements:
      1. I will get older
      2. I will get better at moderating
      3. I want to move up to admin
      4. I will improve my temper

Optional
    I donated on {insert date} my mom won't allow me to donate

Required
    Timezone: eastern
    My bans/mutes/warns record: none

Long Answer (Required)
    Why do I want to be staff:  I want to be staff cuz there are many players who come into terarria and want to ruin other players fun.
    What will I do when I get staff: I will ban those players, they don't deserve to play here.

Scenarios (required) Long Answer 
        What I will do when someone is hack accusing:  tell them to shut up and show proof
        What I will do when someone is hacking:  Ban
        What I will do when someone is spamming: Mute
        What I will do when someone scammed me: Warn and mute
        What I will do when someone reports me on the forums: It ain't gonna happen
        What I will do when I am not sure if someone is hacking or not: tell my superior
    Screensharing
        What program(s) will I use: idk
        What folders will you go through when you screenshare: idk
    Real life Scenarios (note a staff is required to be on 2 hours/day) (choose 1)
        You came back from school 2 hours before the time you should sleep and you have 2 hours' worth of homework / studying. What will I do: 
        Your parents have banished you from touching any electronic device for the rest of the day. What will I do: 
I would beg my mom to let me play, cuz I always wanted to be mod and I don't want to be kicked off mod. 
Additional (Optional): 
Please let me be on staff I promise to do good.  Also Satomi likes me.
  • Like 1

Joetorp thank you for your application, we will move it to the mod forums and get back to you in one week's time.

I have to agree I couldn't do 2 hours a day and I wouldn't won't some one poking around on my pc not that I have anything to hide we all haven't seen before. But would open up my pc to hackers and viruses. I run script blockers and similar programs I have no need for antivirus the way my pc is  set up. It's a bit much for some.

• Like 1

I dont know, i did apply for mod a while back, but now i reflect upon it. I really dont think applying for moderator is a good system. The best leaders are not chosen, but are brought up to the plate. Just my opinion

I regret to inform you, Joe, that this is an unofficial application form and as such your application has been rendered invalid. ;P

Regarding the application itself, there are numerous problematic aspects to it (we don't require staff to be online 2 hours every day - that's kind of insane; it's specifically geared at children; donating is not even remotely applicable to the mod process and that sets us up for a dangerous precedent of buying power; guidelines regarding various player misdeeds are coached and guided by higher staff, not determined solely by the applicant; and so forth), but elements of it will be taken into consideration.

• Like 1

Aw gee, I thought if I name dropped,I could get in... anyways it was my mom who said to mention the admin.

• Like 2