RenCorner Network

RSPS for Rencorner?

Evo

I would like some input from some PLAYERS on this possible addition to Rencorner, we've been discussing it awhile in the Mods section and I was wondering... How many of you play Runescape or are on board with the idea of an RSPS for Rencorner? For all of you who don't know what an RSPS is:

A Runescape Private Server is a server that is not owned by Jagex, but by someone else; and that can be completely modified by the owner. For you to understand better what a private server is, think of Runescape "Worlds". A private server is like a separate "World", that you cannot enter with your normal Runescape account, and is completely different from the Official game.

The RuneScape Private Server society had a large spike of users when JaGeX removed free trade (JaGeX, the makers of RuneScape, added a cap on the max amount a user could trade in an effort to stop gold farmers) and also the wilderness (an area where players could freely kill each other). Many players fled to private servers in order to player kill, and play the 'old' RuneScape they had originally liked.

A RSPS is completley coded by JS, It's a classic game with a huge player base, as seen above, A huge portion of players left normal Runescape to RSPS', I have played RSPS' for at least a year and a half now and know how to make and mainain one, it could mean lots of fun for the community as this is a classic game.

Runescape.. I'm suprised that people are still playing that game. I thought it died years ago. Question is, are there enough people left that will make a world like that profitable for RC?

You can make and maintain one. How do you plan to promote the server? Is there a mainwebsite/forum where you can promote the RSPS, since it's completely different from the original RS?

I see you might have not played an RSPS before :D I am saying that because websites like Runelocus and Mmorpgtoplist and Top100 Arena promote RSPS based on their uptime, do they get rid of all of the ones hosted on some kids computer and all the inactive ones, just by checking it out you can see how popular RSPS are, and yes it would turn a pretty nice profit as a lot of the current staff members have some experience with it and can help us staff it, the question is how many players will we have to draw outside of Rencorner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Admin

Evo.. why do you keep bumping this. Everyone has shown some interest.  Its pretty much been decided we will go ahead with it. But only after the MC server is running  solid and error free..  Please work on that for the time being  Thanks.