RenCorner Network

Rencorner Update.

Volcom

Hey Everyone!

Well we have quite a few changes to announce within Rencorner. There are a lot of exciting things that are about to happen and a lot of things that aren't quite up to par. Over the last few months I have come to see what a dedicate and welcoming community we have. We started a new Minecraft server up and have experience a big increase in players and I have noticed you guys handling it very well. Minecraft still has some work but we are definitely getting there. I want to also thank our mod team, our admin team, and the players and members of Rencorner. You guys all have your part in this community and without each and everyone of you we would not be at the place we are right now. As I mention in our last meeting I shared my vision of Rencorner and where I wanted us to be. I shared my personal philosophy of Rencorner and gave ideas of how we could achieve it. Looking back on the last few months we have definitely became more unified and have been moving pretty well to achieve that goal. There is still room for improvement which we can discuss at a later date. Anyways I will now continue to why I made this post.

• Renegade X
  • New Clans
  • Moderator Activity and New policy
  • Moderator Additions
  • Moderator Removals
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Minecraft Server
  • Asking for Help
  • Server Bills and Donations
  • Downtime/Boxes/Server Updates
  • Community Meeting

Sorry the post is so long, but please take the time to read it!

Renegade X

For those of you who don't know what Renegade X is here is a video, link to their website, and a short description:

http://renegade-x.com

Description:

Renegade X is a free Tactical Shooter that aims to brings the Command and Conquer FPS experience to the Unreal Engine 3. Players will be able to join up to 64-players and fight for two unique teams - the Global Defense Initiative (GDI), a UN international military force committed to world order and peacekeeping, and the Brotherhood of Nod, a messianic international terrorist network that aims to push humanity into the next stage of human evolution.

Originally set to be remake of Westwood Studios' "Comamnd and Conquer: Renegade", Renegade X has evolved into a spiritual successor to the 2002 classic. Renegade X recreates and modernizes the game's unmatched multiplayer mode.

The objective of the game is to destroy your enemy's base while protecting your own. Players will be able to manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Each team will have a base of operations that composes of several key structures. Each structure has its own purpose.

We believe that this gamemode - "Command & Conquer Mode" - can potentially revolutionize the FPS genre. It is the gem that went unnoticed for many years. Now is the time to uncover it.

The Renegade X multiplayer beta will be released on February 26th, 2014. The 1-2 hour single player demo "Renegade X: Black Dawn" was released in 2012. 

I have been an active member of the beta test and I can promise you guys this game is amazing. The graphics are unreal, the game play is so similar and yet so different. What I mean by that is it isn't an exact copy of Renegade. There are many new features and new tactics to be used. It is like starting Renegade all over again in a good way. I haven't been this excited for a game in probably 5+ years. That being said Rencorner is going to have a big part in Renegade X. We already have two servers up and we have Strike and Reborn working on some add-on's such as an IRC boy and a in-depth ladder. The single player of Renegade X had over 800k downloads and I would expect even more for the multi-player. That being said, this is a giant opportunity for us to get a lot of new members into Rencorner. The past 2 official testing session have been on the Rencorner servers and they handled 30+ people very well. The one downside is you need a fairly decent computer to play this. If you want to know the exact suggested specs please contact me and I will get them for you. This may be a good thing. I am sure a lot of you guys could benefit from a few small PC upgrades. I have already noticed a lot of old Renegade players that I played with years ago coming back and I am truly excited. So guys get your PC's ready and try to control your anxiousness because Renegade X gets released in a little over 20 days! Hope to see you in game! Keep 'Em Coming!

Clans

With Renegade X coming in the near future Rencorner has now become the home to two old and well respected clans!

Please join me in welcoming back -BiO- and .H2O. !

I am very excited to have both of these clans here and I hope you guys are too. I am sure there activity will increase as Renegade X release comes nearer!

Moderator Activity and New Policy

Well after reviewing last months activity by the moderators in Renegade I have came up with a new policy. Anyone moderator who has not been seen in 3 or more weeks, or has under 20 games will be placed on probation. Once on probation they have 3 months to increase activity. After those 3 months, if they are still not active, they will be demoted. Every month thereafter they will be demoted until they are completely removed from staff. 

I know a lot of you guys are busy in real life, but it isn't going to cut it anymore. This is not personal in any way. I love all you guys and what you have done in the past, but it is for the better of Rencorner. The very least you guys can do is post on the forums and even that has been lacking from a lot of you.

I know I only mentioned Renegade, but I will be going over all the other servers as well in the next few days.

Moderator Additions

Renegade:

Sketchz

Vlat
Zorknab
entropy
Have all been accepted as Temp Mods.

Minecraft:
McGrathJ
Stevies
Dragon
GioExtreme
_Apple_White_
Have been accepted as Temp Mods.

Lodestar has been promoted to Half Mod.

Killing Floor:

Discord has been added as a Temp Mod.

Moderator Removals:

Unfortunately, We do have some removals this month. I do like both guys, but I can't wait for you guys to be active anymore.

xFast has been removed from the Renegade Mod Team.

James has been removed from the Renegade and Minecraft Team.

If you feel this is an error please pm me or one of the admins.

Team Fortress 2:

We are currently working with ice187dna to set up some Team Fortress 2 servers. She has made a post about it here:

http://rencorner.co/index.php/topic/3868-team-fortress-2-at-rencorner/

I will post more about this when we have worked out all the details!

Minecraft:

Well we currently have NINE minecraft servers up and connected by bungee. The server has been doing quite well, but we still don't have the numbers I would like. If you want to show your support to minecraft and get our numbers up please register on the site below and click on the steve icon beside the Rencorner server in the list:

http://mineshafter.info/servers/liked?after=45

I would also like to take this time to welcome all the new minecraft players! We are really glad to see your activity and love to see your creations and ideas that help make Rencorner a better server. Also we have a website set up just for minecraft if you guys weren't aware the link is http://rencorner-mc.com The website shows you what players are in each server, the top players each month, have the link to dynmap and vote4diamonds, and even have a donation store where you can buy items for in game! I look forward to working with the members and staff in the future to help make minecraft better everyday!

Asking for Help/Reporting a Problem:

I have noticed this being an issue in the last month or so. I will not call anyone out, but I do not appreciate seeing my name being thrown around in game as a threat. Also please refrain from making posts to directly me. I am the server owner, but I do not oversee everything at all times. I also don't want people to feel threaten by me because players in game tell them we have some unique connection. I treat all players and moderators the same regardless of if I know them well or not. I look at each situation specifically and try not to let what has happened in the past effect the current situation I am dealing with. Also we have an entire staff team that are dedicated, willing, and able to fix almost all problems. Please ask a mod in game or on irc before making a post directed to me or an admin. Thanks.

Server Bills and Donations:

As you can see I have increased the donation amount to $350.00. This is not because I am being greedy. This is to help reflect the cost of our servers. Currently our server bills are around $625.00 a month. I did not take on these servers being unable to pay them, but it is a large monthly fee and your support helps us out a lot. It gives us room to do further improvements, expand into new games, and gives me a little extra money for myself :P. All donations help us and I want to personally thank all past and future donators!

Downtime/Boxes/Server Updates:

We have been doing a lot of work to the servers to try and get all the games running smoothly and lag free. This has caused some downtime, but overall we should be done with the downtime for a while. Basically I will explain what boxes we have and what is running on them.

Renegade/Killing Floor Box:

• Based in Dallas, Texas
  • CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 Sandy Bridge 3.2GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 80W Quad-Core Server Processor
  • RAM 2x Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333
  • HDD 3x Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5 and 1Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
  • Network 1GB lines 
This server hosts 4 Renegade Server, 5 Killing Floor servers, Teamspeak, and a IRC. 

Hosting Box:
  • Based in Dallas, Texas
  • CPU 2x Intel Xeon E5620 Westmere 2.4GHz 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 80W Quad-Core Server Processor
  • RAM 4x Kingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333 and 1x Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333
  • HDD 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
  • Network 1GB lines

This server hosts Minecraft, CS:GO, TF2, all server backups, and our hosting clients.

Renegade X Box:

• Based in Dallas, Texas
  • CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Server Processor
  • RAM 4x Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333
  • HDD 1x Kingston SSDNow KC300 60GB 2.5" SATA III Enterprise SSD and 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
  • Network 1GB lines

This box hosts 2 Renegade X Servers, IRC, and a backup Team Speak 3 server.

Webserver:

This is our cloud server responsible for solely web hosting. As you can tell since we have switched to it we have had 0 downtime.

Basically we have done updates to many of the servers and they all seem to be running the way we want them to now. I apologize for any downtime and any inconveniences it has caused, but we are good to go now!

Community Meeting:

I think it is time for another community wide meeting. This means all members of Rencorner staff, player, or community member is invited to come. There will be a post soon to decide the date and time and I encourage all of you to take part. We will be covering a lot of the stuff I posted here and discuss ideas for Rencorner moving forward.

Thanks for reading guys! I apologize for making the post so long, but I have been slacking with the posts lately!

I have made quite a few points and discussed a lot of issues and important ideas for the future so please take the time to read it.

Love you all and thanks again for everything you do!

-Volcom

• Like 6

You guys were already part of Rencorner :P

oh and about inactivity in renegade , after playing one hour of ren-x , u simply cant play ren , my head hurts :S

Thanks to Volcom and the team here at RenCorner for providing such an excellent online environment that makes all feel welcome! I have heard and seen nothing but great things in my time here, and I am incredbly excited for what the future holds!

~ent

• Like 2

Volcom a community like RenCorner is hard to come by. I thank you Volcom for the work you have put into this community. I know Im rather new here but if there's anything you need help with just let me know.

Rencorner truly is making significant improvements in every aspect, I have noticed more and more players joining the minecraft servers, and I have even noticed people referring their real life friends, this shows us that rencorner is one of the best communities out there, we just need to let more and more people know. we need to spread the word about rencorner to Everyone! also, I see u want to improve minecraft, if there is anything I can do, please contact me, I am always available and I can brainstorm quite a few ideas! I have a few in mind already that would make the minecraft servers awesome! You guys are working hard and it is all paying off!! rencorner is a great community, full of life and I thank you for making this one of the best communities out there! It is really hard to come by something this awesome :P <3

• Like 2