RenCorner Network

Just finished ordering parts to my new rig

AnThRaX

This will be my first time building myself a PC, I never have the money for it and I am super excited to game at a high setup for once in my life. Usually my dad buys the family a shitty prebuild every five years or so from best buy or something that is absolute trash no matter how many times I told him building is always better so this is pretty exciting to me. How did I do?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: PNY XLR8 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.56 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Micro Center)

Total: $1005.93

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 06:34 EDT-0400)

• Like 2

the GTX 770 alone would cost me 1300$ here in lebanon XD

you did well i think , congratz on the new PC :)

What do you do with you pc? A 500 watts psu is enough.

I use a 500 watts psu with this configuration:

i5 2500k @ 3,8Ghz

GTX480 (energy monster)

2x HDD (1x 500 / 1x 2TB)

1x SSD 256GB

2x 4GB 1866 CL9

4x 120mm fans

~380 Watts

What do you do with you pc? A 500 watts psu is enough.I use a 500 watts psu with this configuration:i5 2500k @ 3,8GhzGTX480 (energy monster)2x HDD (1x 500 / 1x 2TB)1x SSD 256GB2x 4GB 1866 CL94x 120mm fans~380 Watts

I have a 480! I've never actually gotten around to using it though... Do you get good performance with it?

And the 480 is a power hog, but comparatively with the 770, it uses only a bit more power, but due to the way it operates, a 500w PSU is just fine. The graph I attached was the recommended PSU if you're going to be using that Graphics card in your build. Also a 4770k would take up more power than your 2500k, but not much. I'm just saying, if you're going to be running that card on some modern games, possibly with two monitors, I would recommend to get a beefier PSU.

With your configuration a 500W PSU works just fine.

Why have I never heard of PNY? Id say go with a brand name SSD. Samsung has the best SSDs at the moment, though OCZ is making a comeback.

PNY itself is pretty good, they make a lot of the USB sticks, idk how their SSD is though.

I bought the 500W because I calculated it to be about 417W of usage and I thought an extra 100W would be fine with no plan to overclock. I planned and researched this build pretty well and I think I will be fine. I also got all the parts on super sale so the final cost of the build was about 850 dollars. If the power supply doesn't work I will get a more powerful one next time.

Also jks I have reached my peak at Badge .. I don't think I can get higher with my shitty setup so let's see if I can make it to legendary eagle master now. :P

I just upgraded my system, I went with an i5-4670K, unless you are using it for graphic intense work, an i5 will be great for gaming, got it for $209.99..

I have a 480! I've never actually gotten around to using it though... Do you get good performance with it? And the 480 is a power hog, but comparatively with the 770, it uses only a bit more power, but due to the way it operates, a 500w PSU is just fine. The graph I attached was the recommended PSU if you're going to be using that Graphics card in your build. Also a 4770k would take up more power than your 2500k, but not much. I'm just saying, if you're going to be running that card on some modern games, possibly with two monitors, I would recommend to get a beefier PSU. With your configuration a 500W PSU works just fine.

The GTX770 is a new labeled GTX680. Just to get you informed :D
  • Like 1

The GTX770 is a new labeled GTX680. Just to get you informed :D

It's really a 680 that looks sort of like the 690, however it is clocked a little higher for performance, has a little higher turbo clock speed, and has a 10% higher 3d vantage score. The only notable difference it has is the memory bandwidth which is considerably bigger than the 680. The 770 is also 40-80$ cheaper, newer and more power efficient than the 680. It has around a 15% lower TDP and is over 30% more energy efficient and is quieter and cooler. It is also built for the newer games, so when running games like Crysis 3 or the newest version of Civilization you will notice a difference of a frames, however in Bioshock Infinite, it has nearly a 20fps lead on the 680. 

Do you use your 480 for new games and does it run fine? I was debating whether to sell mine, or use it in a build

NIce setup, pretty close to my own.

If your going for high end gaming, consider a high refresh rate monitor.

It made the biggest improvement in gaming, of any upgrades I have ever done to my PC.

It's really a 680 that looks sort of like the 690, however it is clocked a little higher for performance, has a little higher turbo clock speed, and has a 10% higher 3d vantage score. The only notable difference it has is the memory bandwidth which is considerably bigger than the 680. The 770 is also 40-80$ cheaper, newer and more power efficient than the 680. It has around a 15% lower TDP and is over 30% more energy efficient and is quieter and cooler. It is also built for the newer games, so when running games like Crysis 3 or the newest version of Civilization you will notice a difference of a frames, however in Bioshock Infinite, it has nearly a 20fps lead on the 680.  Do you use your 480 for new games and does it run fine? I was debating whether to sell mine, or use it in a build

Its exactly the same chip. They just edited some settings and put a new cooler on it. Thtas why the 770 has a lower TDP and saves some energy. But not 30% lol.