RenCorner Network

Pakistan Bans Love

StJohn Gumby

You're exaggerating by saying "banned love" gumbo . It's just not a festival for them, they probably don't even know what's the origin of valentine's day, and just picked up the habit of celebrating it off the internet and movies like most east countries did copying stuff of the west ;)

Same goes here , we just celebrate it for the sake of it . Lebanese people celebrate whenever possible :P We even used to put up a Christmas tree in our house (when it used to be cheaper) just cuz it was fun .

DEAS TO ZA INFIDELZ :2blowup:

• Like 1

Gumby, i hope that you are familiar with the culture of the sub-continent. Its still considered a taboo that a boy should have a relation with a girl, let alone going on a date and giving gifts to the girls.

As vlat said, eastern people have a habit of immersing themselves into acts which they have no knowledge about. I am not justifying the ban, i dont give a fuck about it (im not single) but the thing is that the government did it for political interests to gain support from extremists group rather than to really "preserve" our culture.

On 16/02/2016 at 10:15 AM, Lucky said:

Gumby, i hope that you are familiar with the culture of the sub-continent. 

Actually, I lived on the sub-continent for a number of years because of my job.

Sat sri akah, Paji

Gumby

The problem I see with this is that governments should not be restricting its Country's Freedoms. If someone wants to celebrate something let them. Separate religion and government.

37 minutes ago, Volcom said:

The problem I see with this is that governments should not be restricting its Country's Freedoms. If someone wants to celebrate something let them. Separate religion and government.

Good luck with that!